Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I ♥ Faces - "My Summer in Review"

Summer 2010
Garden etc 074





Freddy Beach 2010 407
Bubbles and little girls, giggles and flowers.

Isn't that what summer is all about?

2010-05-10 To May 10, 2010

And playdate at the park with good friends.

2010-05-18 Park playdate and reno1

And lucky me - I got to attend a fabulous photography workshop in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Lisa CD
Philadelphia Photography Workshop lead by the amazing Lisa from The Long Road to China


.....where I got to meet some of the dearest gals (known to me) but I was so brain-dead on information over-load than I didn't even think to take a picture with my fav bloggers like Dita and Marla and Felicia and Terri and a whole lot more. Thankfully I got one picture with sweet Donna (in the middle here....you know....from Double Happiness). She took and edited this pic 'cause she actually had some brain cells still working - probably because she managed to grab a wink or two. But....I wouldn't have traded a minute.

So much fun and learning packed into 2 days made an unforgettable experience for 17 blogger/photographers. Next year....New York City Baby!!!!


Garden etc 072


Freddy Beach 2010 436
Hard to believe we've been home with Milana for a year already.


LR edit (b&w July7,2010)
My muse.....Dahlia.


2010-06-28 Dahlia's June party
Had lots of fun going to and receiving fun company. Love to cook!!


Freddy Beach 2010 388-2


LR edit May 26,2010


Freddy Beach 2010 298

Freddy Beach 2010 304


2010-08-03 MMM & park
Children's museum and more parties.


Freddy Beach 2010 277-2
My Dahlia!



2010-05-19 Re-no
We finished our kitchen/family room renovation just in time to really enjoy it this summer.

Love it!!


Garden etc 095
(disclaimer - in case you noticed that the right side of each picture seems to be cut off.......you're right. I chose to upload the larger version not realizing it did a chopping job and I'm not going back in the change it. Note to self: you need a blog make-over!)
dress-up red thread 224

Our joy times two!!

We really did have a nice, easy summer!

How about you?

16 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love that family reunion lake shot. It's gorgeous, and the water looks so blue.

Love Letters To China said...

What beautiful memories you have captured. It looks like your summer was wonderful. So glad you enjoyed your time with family and friends. We too had a busy summer. Didn't get to travel like I would have, but there are plenty of future summers to enjoy those types of adventures. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. Unfortunately, we won't be getting any of that for many, many months. I'm sure you're already feeling the effects of autumn rolling in. I look forward to "living vicariously through your lens" during your cooler months ahead.

Hugs...
Grace

P.S. Love the last photo of your girls. You're photography has really gone to the next level. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow wanda! You had a very amazing summer! So wonderful and full of great things. Your family is very beautiful! I hope your fall is just as grand.

Nikki James said...

I love the bubble pictures! Your girls are stunning.

Ashley Sisk said...

So many great shots - looks like you had a wonderful summer!

Lovelilyp said...

Beautiful girls! I love the shots with the bubbles!

Lisa said...

Oh Wanda.....your lovely photographs in and of themselves tell such delightful stories....capture such sweet and whimsical moments and treat your audience (of adoring fans!!) to a feast for the eyes!!

I love each and every one and savored them as I would a classic & excellent read!

Your girls' summer grins & delight fairly leap off the page and I just don't get tired of their pretty faces.....or your beautiful family!!

xoxo

Hannah said...

What a wonderful summer review! It looks like you guys had on really wonderful summer. Our summer was really great too! I hope you are having a great week!

Buckeroomama said...

Wow! You put together an amazing summer review. Gorgeous photos, wonderful memories. :)

I LOVE that last shot of the girls --definitely frame-worthy!

Kayce said...

You guys have had a great summer!! Love all of the collages and your pictures are just beautiful as always!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a wonderful summer you have had my friend!! I am just so happy that I got to be a very small part of it...... the two days went very quickly, but at least we got to meet and spend some time together:) Summer 2011 - NYC or BUST~

I absolutely love the family shot by the water...... when I look at that, it's as if I can feel the breeze..... JUST GORGEOUS! Of course I adore the last shot of your two beauties as well:)

Hope your week is off to a great start~

xoxo,

Lisa

Mama Hen said...

Wanda where do I begin! These pictures are amazing! I love the bubble picture at the top and the pool montage! I love all of the pictures! Wow! The family picture on the water needs to be framed! You are so talented! Thank you for your warm wishes. I am beside myself. I really appreciate your kind words. I wrote an update. I need to get some rest now. Have a good night!

Mama Hen

Presley family said...

It all looks like so much fun!!!! They are all amazing!!!

JinXiu said...

What a wonderful and memoriable summer

your pictures and the smiles on your girls faces tell a story of joy, laughter and memories

have a wonderful fall

Our family said...

What an incredible summer!!!! Such a lovely way to capture some of your memories!!!! Beautiful.....

xo

Dita said...

Where to BEGIN??? I loved every single story in pictures...the food, the amazing shots of the girls, you and Danny and the girls...you KITCHEN and FAMILY ROOM (drooling!), the reunion trip, your flowers!! The kids parties, the food the smile on your face.....the WORKSHOP...where I had the chance to meet YOU and share you with NO ONE into the wee hours of the morning.....hey, how come you didn't look worse for the wear? huh? I want your secret!

I can see MANY more days like that in our future...you, Miss Wanda....are so very special to me!

I adore you,
Dita

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Visits from my friends

NeoCounter

Hi, I'm Wanda. I am a happy woman, wife to Danny for...oh....lots a years and finally Mom to THE most adorable little girl from Hunan, China - Dahlia. And now we have been blessed again with another daughter, Milana, from Zhejiang, China. (The 2 best things I've ever done!) We live in the Montreal area. After a loooonnngg wait for Dahlia's little sister Milana (pronounced - Mee-lana, like banana), we finally brought her home in August 2009. Dahlia came to us in Nov 2004 (at 20 months of age)and a year later we began the application for another baby - at the time the waiting period was around 8 months. Almost 4 years later (say what!?!)we, at last, brought Milana home. This began as the story of our journey to bring Milana home and life with her big sister, Dahlia. It now continues as we live as a family of four!
God. My (growing) family. Hangin' out with my girlies. My wonderful friends (you know who you are!). To laugh (out loud and a lot!). Music. Painting. Hugs. Long chats with my buds. My garden. To read (ha...when I can!). Sunshine. Spring, Spring and more Spring. Building things. Cooking. Decorating. Parties (ahem). The internet. Life. Movies. A.I. Dancing with the stars. So you think you can dance. Travel. Umm..did I say laughing my head off. Oh Gee...everything actually!!
the long road
the long road
we picture {this}
Photobucket
SimplyCandid
Wild Olive Tees