Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finally....some birthday pics

Dahlia's 9thb-day 017 wm

Dahlia.....is NINE!!! Yes......I know...I can't believe it either. And I only found out recently that nine is a tween. A TWEEN. Since when?

Well....since now apparently.

Dahlia's 9thb-day 168 wm

So, in keeping with the way we are rolling as of late.....we kept it simple. (Well.......ten is the big year, right?)

Dahlia's 9thb-day 064 wm

No school chums this year. Just her best buds. They always have the best fun together.

I asked all the moms to bring black clothes because I wanted to have a little photo shoot and only wanted black and skin. Nothing to distract from their beauty. (I'll be posting more from the shoot....this is just a sneak peek.)

Dahlia's 9thb-day 152 wm

There's nothing quite like gales of giggles and laughter. Everyone had a wonderful time but no one more than the birthday girl herself.

Dahlia's 9thb-day 214 wm

And, as is our tradition, each year after everyone leaves, Dahlia takes one of her balloons and we go outside and release it into the sky while saying a little prayer - in hopes this balloon somehow reaches her birth family and that they would know she is happy.

This year she wrote a little message on it.

Happy 9 years old Dahlia.
We love you so much!!!

And it's Tuesday....around the world. Hope you join us and link up.








5 comments:

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Nine is a tween? I thought it was 10-12 years old. Yikes! I'm in trouble in 3 months.

Happy birthday to your daughter! It does look like she was having fun. Girls all dressed up+cake=fun. :)

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday to Dahlia!

I think your little tradition is lovely. :)

Love Letters To China said...

Happy Birthday Dahlia! Isn't nine divine? Don't even go there with them being a tween. I don't even want to think about that yet. ;-)

xoxo

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh- Looks like a fabulous time!!! A very Happy Birthday to her Wanda!!!!

Dita said...

OH, what can I say except...BOO HOOO that I don't live closer! What a party...and the shots of all the girls together just made me smile HUGE....and all in black too...hehehehhe I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Happy birthday, TWEENER!

xoxoxo
Dita

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Visits from my friends

NeoCounter

Hi, I'm Wanda. I am a happy woman, wife to Danny for...oh....lots a years and finally Mom to THE most adorable little girl from Hunan, China - Dahlia. And now we have been blessed again with another daughter, Milana, from Zhejiang, China. (The 2 best things I've ever done!) We live in the Montreal area. After a loooonnngg wait for Dahlia's little sister Milana (pronounced - Mee-lana, like banana), we finally brought her home in August 2009. Dahlia came to us in Nov 2004 (at 20 months of age)and a year later we began the application for another baby - at the time the waiting period was around 8 months. Almost 4 years later (say what!?!)we, at last, brought Milana home. This began as the story of our journey to bring Milana home and life with her big sister, Dahlia. It now continues as we live as a family of four!
God. My (growing) family. Hangin' out with my girlies. My wonderful friends (you know who you are!). To laugh (out loud and a lot!). Music. Painting. Hugs. Long chats with my buds. My garden. To read (ha...when I can!). Sunshine. Spring, Spring and more Spring. Building things. Cooking. Decorating. Parties (ahem). The internet. Life. Movies. A.I. Dancing with the stars. So you think you can dance. Travel. Umm..did I say laughing my head off. Oh Gee...everything actually!!
the long road
the long road
we picture {this}
Photobucket
SimplyCandid
Wild Olive Tees